Monday 25 May 2015

Mara Hoffman Inspired Nails

I have yet another Born Pretty Store plate to share with you today! This is plate BP-L 003. When I saw this plate I knew I had to have it because a)It has a lot of nice designs and b)On my laptop I have a nail art inspiration folder. The second I saw the plate I knew one of the designs would be perfect for a photo I had sitting in the folder for months. The photo is of a dress from the Mara Hoffman RTW SS 2015 line.

Gorgeous model in a Mara Hoffman dress



The plate was a bit tricky to use. As you can see some of the designs have some fine details(like the centre of my swirls). I found that I had to use a thinner polish(OPI Alpine Snow) if I wanted those smaller lines to show up. I originally used Sinful Colors Show Me White, but I could never get the centre of the wave patterns to show up. Maybe an actual stamping polish would play nicer. And just so you know, the other colours I used were Pure Ice's Party hard  for the blue, and the sun was all acrylic paint that I mixed.

 On the left I stamped with OPI's Alpine show and on the right is Sinful Colors Snow me White

That aside I really like this plate, it has a lot of other designs that don't have such fine details. I can't wait to whip it out again! If you would like this plate, you can find it here, where you can buy it for $5.99 USD. And of course you can add Varnished Valkyries 10% discount code EAL91.

 *Product sent for honest review

5 comments:

  1. This is an awesome mani! I love that plate too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this mani, it matches the dress perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails are perfectly matched for that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful inspiration and the manicure too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this sort of manicure.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...