Sunday 1 February 2015

I Like Chocolate! I Like Strawberries

Put them together and what do you get? Magic. Pure magic.

Oddly enough while I love chocolate covered strawberries, I don't like them after the chocolate has hardened. Give me a chocolate fountain and fruit! I decided since this was the first day of February I would kick it off with some Valentines Day nails. Now I'm not the typical romantic type, I mean last year the boy and I ate wings in bed and drank.  In theory I like the idea of a candle lit dinner and all the mushy stuff, but it's just not for me. That and I have horrible vision, I don't even like dimly lit bars.

Anyways I got the inspiration for this from Ariana at Gottahavepolish. I loved the concept and I thought it would look pretty neat with my pointy nails! To get this look I started with a base of Revlon's Red Carpet, followed by adding the stems using Orly's Lucky Duck and the seeds with acrylic paint. Then I added OPI's Suzi Loves Cowboys for the chocolate and I put topcoat on it. Then I went over just the brown with Essie's Matte about you to give it more of a chocolate look. Finally I did the sugar spun method(let a bit of polish get goopy and then string it over the nails) using OPI's Alpine Snow. Ariana has a video tutorial up as well, but she does her's in a slightly different order.

Are you a romantic?



Ps. Sorry for all the red in my cuticles from my previous mani. I did not think it was that noticeable :P

8 comments:

  1. Super cute! The chocolate looks so real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I please have one :D
    I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooove these, they look amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute as a berry. This is a perfect February manicure. I even saw the first chocolate dipped strawberries of the season at the store today. Now here you are with your same mani. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it actually looks as if you dipped your tips in chocolate!! O_o

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is awesome! really realistic looking :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...