Saturday 10 August 2013

Sweet Color Nail Polish - More adventures with me putting stuff that isn't meant for nails, on my nails, and a dash of Anderson Cooper. (NOTE: I did not put Anderson Cooper on my nails).

I hope you are all having a fantastic weekend!    This week for the first time EVER I  forgot I had to go lead a workshop for children.  Well not really forgot so much as I thought it was a different day!  I felt horrible!  I've never done anything like this before.  I'm lucky that by chance someone extra was there and took my spot. *facepalm* Never again!

Anyways on to polish!  Today I have my first Sweet Color Polish from the Born Pretty Store.  This polish does not have a name.  It is simply listed as S037.  It also says it's eco friendly, but does not say any more than that.  So I can't say if it's 3 or 5-free.   The polish is a grape coloured, cream polish and I had it completely opaque in 3 coats.  Application was tricky though because of the brush.  It was super duper floppy and a bit hard to control.  Now I don't like them too stiff *giggle*,  but floppy is also a no no *giggle*.  There's that happy inbetween.  But keep in mind this may also be a personal preference.  I'm sure some people out there like them floppy... *giggle*.

Sunlight
 Light box
Note:  That's not tip wear on my ring finger.  It's shrinkage from not wrapping properly.

I wore it on it's own for a day, then I added some of that temporary hair colour.  You know the one that you spray on and then you just wash out at the end of the day.  I originally bought this because I was dressing up as Anderson Cooper to go to an Anime convention.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I decided to use it for a bit of nail art and see if I could get a simple gradient effect.   I think it turned out pretty neat.  But I thought it still needed something.  So I added this silver, no name glitter I had.  Pretty pleased with how it turned out!!!




If you would like to try some sweet polishes they retail for $6.14 USD.  But you can use out 10% discount code EAL91 and get a discount!


Have you tried Sweet Color polishes?  Do you put weird things on your nails?  Or is that just me?

*Product sent for honest review

11 comments:

  1. Oh my! This post is hilarious! Your killing me! :D

    The polish is a beautiful purple and the effect of the hair color is amazing! It is like the perfect gradient! I think you are the only one putting weird stuff on your nails! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, that was a perfectly bizarre and very clever idea - it looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour, but your final manicure is simply great! :-) Crazy idea, I'll have to try something like this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! You are hilarious! :D Love your idea of using hair color... what a great way to do a gradient! The final result is so pretty! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never put weird things on my nails as far as I remember, but using the hair colour is just genius! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please keep on putting weird things on your nails because it came out pretty damn awesome! Oh and it would be spectacular if you could put Anderson Cooper on your nails...just saying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you ever tried the "Dazzling Starry Magical Multicolored Shell Glitter Nail Art Polish Varnish" from sweet color? They sell it on the born pretty site. It looks so amazing on the site but I haven't been able to find any real life swatches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had to look that up because WOW, what a name. It's gorgeous!

      Delete
  8. hair color for nails. you never cease to impress me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so weird! Although I love Anderson Cooper and am said they cancelled his show!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative (as always ;) ) and this mani looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...