Friday 2 August 2013

Femme Fatale - Gilded Rose: What's going on?!?! I don't wear pink? Or do I?

First this has nothing to do with this polish but I have to let it out.  I HATE when people remove mt watermark!  Someone took a photo of mine, removed the watermark, re-posted it on tumblr either two days ago and now it has 33,000+ notes.  I honestly have no problem with people using my photos just leave the watermark!!! (Oh and it was the 53 layers of polish post :P). On the bright side the 53 layers of polish(The WATERMARKED version) along with some of our other wackier nail art was featured on SHEfinds!  So go and check that out!!!

Now onto my final Femme Fatal polish.  Gilded Rose.  I meant to write this a couple days ago but I wasn't feeling all that swell.  Anyways, as most of you know I don't wear pink polishes.  I saw this in the bottle I though "Pretty, but I don't think it will do anything for me."  I was very wrong!  I ended up wearing this for days.  It rarely matched any of the clothing I owned unless I was wearing black, but I could care less.

Gilded Rose it stuffed to the brim with various glitter.  Tiny lavender and holographic gold pieces, as well as small and medium pink pieces, as well as small gold and holo gold pieces.  There's also stars.  Holo gold stars!  I layered one coat over OPI's Step Right Up! a soft pink shade.  Application was super easy.  The only glitter I placed down myself was the star, because I want it on an exact spot and I didn't want loads of other glitter to start covering it.  And right before I took it off I wanted to see how it looked matte.  *points to bottom of post* Pretty eh? I think I'll layer it over black next time!

Again this is NOTHING like what I would usually wear, but I'm in love with this!  It just seems so right.  Honestly out of all the Femme Fatale polishes I was sent this polish was the one out of all 4 that on my own terms I NEVER would have even glanced at.

If you would like a bottle full size bottles are 12ml and you can find them online at Llarowe (USA), Harlow & Co (Canada),Shoppe Eclecticco & Beauty so Fly (Singapore), Ledouxnuage (France) and Norway Nails (Norway).  They are $13 USD but of course that price will vary slightly depending where you get them. And if you are in Australia you can order straight through them!(NOTE: Their shop is closed atm and will reopen on August 9th.  You'll probably also like to know that they will be having a 2 day sale then too!)
Natural light

 Sunlight







 Lightbox matte

*Product sent for honest review

13 comments:

  1. Oh my! I am loving this glitter! It's just so pretty! Your swatches are perfection! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually found your blog from that post on tumblr! There was a link to the blog post in the comment section thing of the post, at least when I saw the it. So annoying when people repost things without credit :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm glad you found us :) And I saw the link too, but it was after it was re-blogged and showed up on my dashboard, link removed. That's when I went to the source.

      Delete
  3. I seriously hate it when people steal other people's photos, it's just not right! Grr!!
    Have you tried to contact the culprit or don't you think it's worth the hazzle? I would have for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing is I don't know who took it off. The source was a user submitted page. So someone probably submitted it sans watermark :/

      Delete
  4. I don't know about removing watermarks/how it's done except maybe using the repair tool, but that is time consuming.
    I started to make some of my watermarks bigger but translucent, so that it has to be difficult to remove them...
    I really love this polish - it's fun and super girly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As someone who has edited stuff out of things(never a watermark) I can say It's relatively easy. I ended out my friends name from a bunch of screen caps the other day. Took me 5 minutes, and they didn't look edited at all.
      It is isn't it!

      Delete
  5. Lovely pink! The glitter is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. some people don't need to own photoshop!
    but aside from that, i am SWOONING hard over this mani!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That really sucks with the watermark thing. I don't understand why anyone would do that... if you like something enough to share, why wouldn't you want the person who made it to get credit? Grrr makes me so mad! ><
    This mani is super cute and fun... even though it's not your usual thing, I can see you why you love it! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so pretty i love it! you can definitely pull of pink. and i can't believe someone took off your watermark! its so freaking rude!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is going viral!! yahoo Shine posted your 53 coats mani! I loVE IT!!!

    http://yhoo.it/15LeR3K

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...