Monday 10 June 2013

Literary Lacquers Green Gables: Green, Glorious Green!

When I saw all 6 of the polishes from Literary Lacquers Anne of Green Gables collection this was the polish I knew just from looking at I would love!  It's kind of weird because overall I'm not much of a green person, but when it comes to polish I cannot get enough! Just like I can't get enough lobster.  Prince Edward Island loves some lobster...perfect segue.

Green Gables is named after a 19th century farm in PEI where the story takes place in and around. Not only is it a part of the book but it's a real farm on PEI.  The author  Lucy Maud Montgomery drew inspiration from it. 

Green Gables(the polish) is a forest green, linear, holographic polish.  The formula was a bit on the thin side.  I needed 3 coats for opacity, but I didn't mind because they were all thin coats and it dried super fast.  Like all of Literary Lacquers holos this looks stunning in the sun but the colour itself can stand on it's own if there is no sun around.

Bonus:  Amy of Literary lacquers posted this link on her facebook page.  It's a ton of different formats to download Anne of Green Gables(or you can even just read it online).  So if you haven't read it yet go and e-stuff it(or however one gets this stuff) into your reading device.

Anyways this was the last of the polish from Literary Lacquers Anne of Green Gables collection.  If you would like to buy Green Gables or any of the other polishes I have reviewed in the past week head on over to Literary Lacquers etsy page.  They each retail for $10.48 Canadian or $57.63 for the whole set of 6.  Thank you Amy for letting me review these.  They are all fantastic!  Can't wait to see what you get inspired by next!







*Product sent for honest review.

ALSO this is kinda random but this is the perfect post for it.  I don't know if you guys know about this but a few months ago an unauthorized publisher came out with a new cover for the book.  No.  She's a redhead!  And also what is that?  Someones instagram shot? And why is she being sexy? C'mon!

One of these things is not like the other.

11 comments:

  1. Ooh those polishes are awesome!! Darn I wish I had enough to buy the collection! Lol, that blonde girl reminds me of Michelle Williams, from her Dawson's Creek era!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, what a gorgeous green! :D
    Lol @ the girl on the new cover. So random... way to not read the books before designing a new cover.

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a gorgeous green. I think I have way too few greens in my stash, so this would be a perfect addition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous, I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing holo and swatches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanna roll around on your nails like grass on a sunny day :p Gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that there's polish named after the Anne books! This is such a nice shade of green :D

    And yes, that new cover is SO wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally bought this one and the shining waters teal one I can't WAIT to get them! Hope they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is amazing! i think my favorite of the set. also the new anne cover looks a little slutty...just saying. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Used to be my favorite book as a child. Always wanted to be like Anne in the story. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...