Thursday 23 May 2013

Neon Matte Madness!

Hi friends! I've been sick as balls for the last few days…which has meant Hannibal and nail art! Have you guys been watching that show? It's REALLY good. Mads Mikkelsen, get in my bed. You can bring Hugh Dancy too. *AHEM* Sorry, the cough syrup is getting to me.

For this design, I didn't really know what I wanted to do. I just knew I wanted something loud. Mission accomplished!
 Started with a yellow base, I then sponged randomly with blue, green and orange. Pink stripes in the remaining yellow patches. Then added black chunks. Then dots. I'm sure I could have kept going but it's probably good that I stopped there.
On my left middle finger, the topcoat caused some drag - which I thought looked really cool! The rest of my fingers had dried quite well, though, so this was only cool smudgey one.
I would normally never show you a picture of my thumb, because my thumb cuticles are always so gross. But this looks so rad.
China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat, Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow, Essie Orange It's Obvious, Prevail Roof Top Bar, Personelle Emy, Art Deco Wild Fuchsia and Black, Warpaint Beauty Matte Topcoat.

12 comments:

  1. I'm kinda in love with this. The pattern should be made into a bodysuit.

    Also when this post popped up on blogger just now my first thought after seeing it was by Varnished Valkyrie was "Are those my hands?".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy crap, that would be so sweet. Everything ever should be a bodysuit, obviously.

      Yup...you're white now. Sorry, I should have told you when I first noticed. I didn't know how to break it to you. I felt like you should hear it from a medical professional.

      Delete
  2. That looks soooo amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the kind of shirt pattern you would see on a dude in the 1980s. I LOVE it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful abstract result - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is cool. It reminds me of the gym suits they wore in the 80's!
    And the fact that you like Mads Mikkelsen made me giggle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ADORE this! It reminds me of an old UB40 album cover my mom has! It's very old school!
    No don't watch Hannibal at all but I hear lots of people raving about it. I should check it out... But I'm so lazy *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW this is such a cool look! it reminds me of Arizona, like the state...is that weird? oh well, i really cant get over how awesome this is. i was fooling a bit sick recently too, i hope you feel better soon, LOOOVEEE Hannibal! i really could talk about Hannibal Lecter and the show and movies for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG girl I love this ALMOST as much as Hannibal. That show is amaze, isnt it?! So freakin' creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is totally cool! Although I'd prefer it shiny-but it's still freakin cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the sponging! What kind of sponge did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little triangular makeup sponge. I always end up cutting off the parts of the sponge covered in polish so I can use them until they're gone!

      Delete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...