Monday 4 February 2013

James Bond: Black and white rainbows? (Come see the wonders that are my left AND RIGHT hand!)

In an attempt to do a James Bond mani, I wrote a list of all the James Bond stuff I know.

1) Suits
2) Martinis
3) Sean Connery
4) Pierce Brosnan
5) Daniel Craig
6) Gold something
7) Shooting occurs
8) Movies make loads of money
9) The theme song

I quickly realized that I know nothing about James Bond, and that I didn't care.  So I did this instead!

On my left hand I did black and white stripes,  and a rainbow and white accent nail.  I achieved this by using striping tape.  Then on my right hand I got that straw stamping(?) look by breaking an old pen and using the tube that holds the ink.  And in order to give it more dimension I would stamp more then once with paint.  And in between stamping I would dip my hand in water.  That's why not all the stamps are solid.

On my left and right hand I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls as a base.  Then on my left hand I did the stripes with OPI Black Onyx.  The rainbow was done using (From red-purple) Essie Fishnet Stockings, Orly Holla, BK Sweet Candy Fast Dry Nail Art Polish in #19, Essie Pretty Edgy, Milani Dude Blue and H&M Plum.  All the black and colour on my right hand was done with acrylic paint.

So tell me.  Who does not care about James Bond?


 I wanted to hold something that had a rainbow on it.  The only thing I could find was this bottle of Chardonngay.  Oh what a NYE that was.



21 comments:

  1. Aww, this is totally gorgeous, and look at those crisp lines :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the rainbow stripes look amazing...and they came out so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing,I love the both manicures:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a beaut!!! gorgeous and all uniformed... fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect execution and stunning design! I love it! I also care not for Bond, James Bond. I really could hardly care less, I don't think I have ever seen one film. Funny how we are having a bonding moment over Bond. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stripes are perfect!!!! I love this look, especially with the fun accent nail! I like the straw stamping as well. I need to give it another try. The last time I did it, it was a fail, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love that circle stamping!! really cool

    ReplyDelete
  8. The rainbow straw stamping looks so trippy! Neat!! And I also do not know anything about James Bond...my list looks exactly like yours (but Daniel Craig might've been the first thing listed lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yea and the Chardonngay!! Hahahaha! I need to try that!

      Delete
  9. DUDE THose stripes rock big time! I'm so jealous of you right now

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG those rainbow nails!!!LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember when Spike TV would do "12 Days of Bond" around the holidays, my sister and I would spend all day watching it and debating our favourite Bond. Roger Moore ALL DAY LONG.

    Roger Moore was probably my first celebrity crush. He will always be the height of sophistication to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The manicure on your left hand seems unreal, it's perfect! :-) The manicure on your right hand is brilliant! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woah, what a fantastic mani! I love the designs on both hands! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never have n e luck w the straw nails but ur striping has inspired ne :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you everyone! I'm glad you all like them :D You guys should all try striping tape and the straw method if you haven't yet. They are super easy once you get the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the pop of rainbow! I'm going to have to try this for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both of them are totally awesome!!!
    I would love to do a straw mani, but it seems that my nails are too curved for it to work :/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just tried to recreate it, guess who failed badly?! This look incredible, you did such an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...