Tuesday 12 February 2013

Holographic Purple Rectangles: A post inspired by art. All of it.

So despite our incredibly slow response time to their emails the very kind people over at KKCenterHk still were nice enough to send us something to review.  I ended up choosing the Laser Purple Rectangle Studs.  1)Because they looked cool and 2)Laser purple.  You have to get it if the word laser comes before the colour. Common knowledge.

These are purple, holographic, 5mmx3mm studs.  For some reason in my head I thought they would be bigger.  But I was actually happy they were smaller.  They xome with around 50 studs per package.

I knew I wanted the design to be simple, and let the studs do the talking.  So I was inspired by all that geometric art I've been seeing lately.  I painted my nails first with Sally Hansen Lacey Lilac, then I taped of the corner of each nail and pained it with Sephora by OPI's Just a Little Dangerous.  Finally on the corner of those squares I places the studs.  And topped it of with topcoat(which I was worried would kill the holo, but it didn't.)

I really love the look.  For me at least it works well for valentines day without being sappy.  But still girly.  Well as "girly" as I get.  My actual Valentines Dan manicure will be interesting.  Trust me.

Anyways, if you haven't already you should totally check out KKCenterHk's website. They pretty much have all things you could think of if you love the nail art!  And you can use our 10% discount code 'varnishedvalkyrie'.  Woot.





Product was sent for honest review

12 comments:

  1. OMG!! LOVE THOSE STUDS!! I DIE OVER PURPLE HOLOGRAMS :) sorry for the caps, to excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing!! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOW - this is gorgeous - those studs are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the entire mani is so well balanced and beautiful!

      Delete
  4. That's a fantastic design! I love it! It's simple and interesting at the same time! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first time that I see rectangle studs, I like them and I adore your manicure, it looks very elegant! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are amazing! The whole look is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, at first I thought they were polish! But holo studs??? AWESOME IDEA! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have never seen anything like this! really cool

    ReplyDelete
  9. DUDE This is freakin cool as sh*t!!! I am love with this mani! I can only imagine what your VDay mani will be since the sperm one was so awesome!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...