Saturday 29 December 2012

You can't spell snow without 'No'.

Now I can give you a long and arduous list of all the things I hate, but I don't have time today.  Although I can tell you one thing that is one the list.  Snow.  Oh how I loath it.  We had a snowstorm the other day(ETA: And now it's snowing again!).  Ugh.  Now in my perfect world there would be a heavy snowfall maybe one a month from November to February.  It would be all pretty at night, everything would look stunning in the morning and I wouldn't have to leave the house that day.  Then the next day it would be completely melted, no slush(perfect world remember) and the weather would go back to being a crisp 10°C(This by the way is my idea of a perfect winter daytime high).

This being said even if I hate something, chances are if it looks pretty I will put it on my nails.  So here is my version of simple snow fall nails.  First I started with a base of Orly Sweet Peacock, then I did gradient tips with OPI Happy Anniversary(It is more noticeable in real life), next I dotted white acrylic paint for the snow flakes finally I finished off with a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust.  Easy as pie.  Unless you can't bake.

While we're on the topic of things I hate I guess I can add another thing.  Really hot weather. Vacation to Jamaica? Pass!


 Base on it's own.  Blue foil (dare I saw peacock blue?), 2 coats.  The formula was good but it wasn't amazing.

6 comments:

  1. LOL I hate/love snow - I love it in frosty, sunny days when the roads are safe to drive - but otherwise, no...
    I love your mani though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely mani! I love those blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah you crack me up :) this is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, this winter has been terrible... there has been snow on the ground since mid October, and it's been super cold (-20 has been about par for the course). While I really love how the trees look all frosty and snow covered, I already can't wait for spring. The thought of a warm weather vacation seems appealing, but I don't really like super hot weather, either! Just a creature of temperate climes, I suppose.

    PS: I do like your snowy mani, though! Apt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh here I am complaining about it being cold and rainy for the past 2 days...I definitely don't like snow. Only for a few hours, until after playing in it, it melts all over my clothes and I'm cold and wet...the mani is really pretty! Love that peacock blue...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love snow and am so glad I got to play in it at my parents this holiday. I'm not holding out for getting some in Virginia anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...