Friday 28 September 2012

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, BEETLEJUICE! - These Are Clearly Birthday Dinner Nails

First off let me thank everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday the other day!  I had a great night of drinking and karaoke.  BUT the fun isn't over yet!  Tonight I'm going out for a birthday dinner with a few friends, followed by dancing!

Originally I was going to do just a bit of nail art.  Nothing too time consuming.  Then out of no where I though "Beetlejuice nails...I need to do them!".  I don't know why I wanted to do them I just did.  Also it's a rule of thumb that you can do whatever you want on your birthday dinner.  Minus murder, cow tipping and a full two act puppet show.  Besides they go perfect with sushi right?

I actually started with a pure white cream.  But that was patchy and gross, so I covered it up with Essie Moonstruck.  I actually like how it wasn't a stark white because, Beetlejuices suit isn't exactly clean. Next I sponged on green acrylic paint, OPI Black Onyx and then Urban Outfitters Forest.  So it kind of mimics the stuff growing on his face.  Next I did all the stripes by hand with paint.  Cutting tape to the perfect size was just too much of a pain.  And I really liked how this turned out.  Finally I added Beetlejuice's green hair to my ring fingers.

All in all I'm really pleased with this.  Now all getting all excited thinking of Halloween and all the potential manicures!

Left Hand


 Right hand
 (L-R) Acrylic paint. OPI Black Onyx, Urban Outfitters Forest and Essie Moonstruck.
 Michael Keaton as Beetlejuice.
In the suit.

13 comments:

  1. You are awesome!

    Following.

    lovenailpolish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome! Happy belated =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome mani!
    Happy belated birthday! I'm glad you are continuing the fun. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg I hate you. Beetlejuice scares the bejezus out of me! no really, i have no idea why. I laugh at silence of the lambs but Beeltejuice scares me to no end. I was really feeling the nails...until i scrolled down to the movie photos! Nightmares. Thanks. hope you have a fun birthday part 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I did! Are you someone who also hates Gremlins?

      Delete
  5. Awesome manicure! I love watching Beetlejuice! Hope you have a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a totally gorgeous look, great idea and well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These Beetlejuice nails are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahahah, I love that you did this! Awesomesauce.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...