Thursday 15 March 2012

Essence - Ultimate Pink

I gotta be honest.  Now pink isn't my favourite polish colour.  It's not my favourite anything colour actually.  But I will say I do like like dusty pinks, and really sheer soft pinks.  Although I've never really been a fan of bright pinks.  But the other day I wanted to do some nail art that involved pink so I decided to buy Essence's Ultimate Pink.  It's not like I was spending a whole lot of money on it so why not?

Let me just say formula wise it was splendid. 2 coats, no hassle, evened itself out perfectly, and had a shiny finish without topcoat.  My personal problem with this Barbie pink is no matter what it always looks tacky, and gawdy on me. And to be honest I think pinks like this look that way on sooo many people(Not everyone. Power to you if you can rock it!).  It's not something I would just wear on a Tuesday.  It's something I would cover in a crazy design on a liquor fueled night out with the girls and then take it off the minute my hangover wears off. But maybe that's just me.



Mattified...just because.

What are your feeling on pinks?  Or is there any colour or finish you personally can't get into?

8 comments:

  1. It looks really similar to China Glaze Pink Voltage (which is what I'm wearing right now), any idea if it is??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This looks a BIT darker. Also Pink Voltage has blue shimmer throughout where as this is just a pure cream.

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I like it matte! I used to have no place in my life for green polish, and now I have tons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. with the matte effect it looks sooo amazing! i love bright barbie pinks tho... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this mattified!! I used to hate all pink but now it's grown on me, especially barbie pink! I actually like how tacky looking it is, it can be very campy sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it will grow on me. That's kinda like how I felt about glitters. Used to hate them but now I love how obnoxious they can be :P

      Delete
  5. Damn I'm not a pink fan either but this pink is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...